20 ml Jack Daniels Rye
20 ml Schladerer Maraschino
20 ml Chartreuse verte
20 ml lemon juice
The Final Ward is a variation of the Last Word and was created by Phil Ward. Some say it happened at Death & Co in 2007, but he himself states that it was at the Pegu Club. He was a bartender there from 2005 before he started as bar manager at Death & Co. The latter bar opened in December 2007. Camper English states that the Final Ward was created in 2006. According to Phil Ward, the Final Ward is his second most replicated drink.       
He replaced the Last Word gin with a rye whiskey and the lime with lemon. The name is probably derived from Last Word as a play on words. The Last Word becomes Final Word, and then the word is changed from Word to Ward according to Phil’s surname. This then results in the name “Final Ward”. 
- http://www.diffordsguide.com/cocktails/recipe/2406/final-ward: Final Ward.
- http://ohgo.sh/archive/final-ward-cocktail-recipe/: Final Ward. By Jay Hepburn, 13. April 2009.
- Cody McDevitt & Sean Enright: Pittsburgh Drinks: A History of Cocktails, Nightlife & Bartending Tradition. Arcadia Publishing, 2017. Vorwort. https://books.google.de/books?id=7l4qDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT9&lpg=PT9&dq=%22final+ward%22+%22phil+ward%22+history&source=bl&ots=codlv0m4vR&sig=Gm3qDEgWJ3w6inCsfOvaMNuxmhE&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwisl5_AxsLdAhWKL1AKHZusAQo4FBDoATAHegQICBAB#v=onepage&q=%22final%20ward%22%20%22phil%20ward%22%20history&f=false
- https://punchdrink.com/articles/phil-ward-bartender-nyc-mayahuel-long-island-bar/: Phil Ward Just Wants to Bartend. By Robert Simonson, 12. September 2017.
- David Kaplan, Nick Fauchald, Alex Day: Death & Co. Modern Classic Cocktails. ISBN 978-1-60774-525-9. Berkley, Ten Speed Press, 2014. Page xiii.
- http://www.alcademics.com/2016/02/the-definitive-list-of-modern-classic-cocktails.html: The Definitive (?) List of Modern Classic Cocktails. By Camper English, 10. February 2016.
- https://www.reddit.com/r/cocktails/wiki/ncotw/final_ward: Not Cocktail of the Week #16: Final Ward.
http://www.diffordsguide.com/cocktails/recipe/2406/final-ward: Final Ward. 3/4 shot Rittenhouse BIB Straight Rye Whisky; 3/4 shot Chartreuse verte; 3/4 shot Luxardo Maraschino; 3/4 shot lemon juice; garnish: lemon twist.
2009 http://ohgo.sh/archive/final-ward-cocktail-recipe/: Final Ward. 3/4 oz rye whiskey; 3/4 oz Green Chartreuse; 3/4 oz Maraschino; 3/4 oz lemon juice; Shake all ingredients with ice and strain in to a cocktail glass.
2017 Gary Regan: The Joy of Mixology. Seite 209. Final Ward. 3/4 ounce Rittenhouse rye whiskey; 3/4 ounce Luxardo maraschino liqueur; 3/4 ounce Green Chartreuse; 3/4 ounce lemon juice.